Windows Activation error 0x87e10bc6 is caused by a faulty hard drive. This article explains how to troubleshoot and fix this issue on your own, without having to purchase software or use the phone support line.
The “something happened on our end. here’s the error code, in case you need it: 0x87e10bc6” is a Windows 11 activation error that can occur when an update was not installed properly.
authored by Matthew Adams
Windows & Software Expert
Matthew is a freelance writer who has written a number of articles on different technology-related themes. His major interest is the Windows operating system and all that surrounds it. He is enthralled by… Read more
- When the Windows 11 activation problem 0x87e10bc6 occurs, users may still activate the operating system.
- For certain customers, the activation troubleshooter may be an error 0x87e10bc6 repair.
- Some users may also be able to resolve the 0x87e10bc6 Windows 11 activation problem by deactivating and uninstalling firewalls.
BY CLICKING ON THE DOWNLOAD FILE, YOU CAN INSTALL XINSTALL.
We propose Restoro PC Repair Tool to address a variety of PC issues: This program will fix common computer faults, protect you against file loss, viruses, and hardware failure, and optimize your PC to run at its best. In three simple actions, you can immediately fix PC problems and eradicate viruses:
- Download the Restoro PC Repair Tool, which includes patent-pending technologies (patent available here).
- To detect Windows faults that may be causing PC difficulties, click Start Scan.
- To correct problems that are hurting your computer’s security and performance, click Repair All.
- This month, 0 readers have downloaded Restoro.
Some customers see the Windows 11 activation problem 0x87e10bc6 while attempting to activate the platform through Settings using a product key. When this happens, the following error notice appears in the Activation tab of Settings:
We were unable to communicate with our activation servers due to a technical issue. Wait a few minutes before attempting again. 0x87e10bc6 is the error code.
A firewall limiting communication with Microsoft’s activation server might create that specific activation problem. As a consequence, when that issue occurs, customers are unable to activate Windows 11 using their product keys.
Unfortunately, even Windows 10 users have had this problem in the past, so being prepared to cope with it may make all the difference.
Table of Contents
- 1 How can I repair the 0x87e10bc6 Windows 11 activation error?
- 1.1 1. Wait a few days before reactivating Windows 11.
- 1.2 2. Run the troubleshooter for activation.
- 1.3 3. Make use of a system repair tool from a third-party vendor.
- 1.4 4. Take use of the Command Prompt
- 1.5 5. Turn off the Windows Defender Firewall for the time being.
- 1.6 6. Remove any firewall software that was installed by a third party.
- 1.7 7. Restore your operating system to a prior state.
- 1.8 Is it possible to activate Windows 11 over the phone instead?
- 1.9 Frequently Asked Questions
Is it necessary for me to activate Windows 11?
It is not necessary to activate Windows 11 in order to continue using it. When Windows 11 isn’t active, however, various limitations are imposed. For one thing, you’ll see an Activate Windows watermark on your desktop and frequent activation reminders.
The most apparent limitation is that when Windows 11 isn’t active, the Personalization options are grayed out.
As a result, none of the Personalization tab’s options may be used to modify the platform. There are choices for changing themes, colors, and desktop wallpaper on this menu, among other things.
You don’t need to repair Windows 11 activation problem 0x87e10bc6 if you don’t care about it. Nonetheless, some of these suggested remedies may be able to help you cure that issue with Windows 11.
How can I repair the 0x87e10bc6 Windows 11 activation error?
1. Wait a few days before reactivating Windows 11.
It’s possible that the activation error 0x87e10bc6 is caused by a problem with the Microsoft activation server. It’s possible that the server is momentarily unavailable.
If this is the case, you may have to wait a day or two before activating Windows 11. If the problem remains after a few days, try the following options.
2. Run the troubleshooter for activation.
- Select Settings from the Start menu in Windows 11.
- On the System tab, click Activation.
- Then, to expand it, click Activation state.
- Press the Troubleshoot button to begin troubleshooting.
- Select the Apply this repair option when the troubleshooter has finished scanning.
3. Make use of a system repair tool from a third-party vendor.
Expert Tip: Some PC problems, such as damaged repositories or missing Windows files, are difficult to resolve. If you’re having problems repairing a mistake, it’s possible that your system is partly broken. Restoro is a tool that will scan your computer and determine the source of the problem. To download and begin mending, go here.
For activation error 0x87e10bc6, certain third-party system repair programs may be able to help.
Restoro is a third-party system repair tool for Windows 11/10 that is among the most thorough. This is a repair utility for Windows that can address a broad range of issues.
To find and address Windows problems, Restoro performs some of the most thorough system scans available. It offers a database of over 25,000,000 files that may be used to replace missing or damaged files.
For more information about Restoro, see our evaluation of the program.
4. Take use of the Command Prompt
- Select the magnifying glass icon on the taskbar.
- In the search box, type cmd, right-click the Command Prompt search result, and choose Run as administrator.
- Then enter the following command and press Enter: *Product Key* slmgr /ipk
- Next, type slmgr /ato into the command prompt and hit Return.
- When the Windows Script Host dialog box appears, click OK.
- Restart your desktop or laptop by selecting Power > Restart from the Start menu.
You’ll need to substitute a real activation key for *Product Key* in the script above.
More information about this subject may be found here.
5. Turn off the Windows Defender Firewall for the time being.
- Enter Windows Defender Firewall in the search field of the search tool.
- To launch the Windows Defender Firewall Control Panel applet, click it.
- Then, to bring up those choices, click Turn Windows Defender Firewall on or off.
- Select Turn off Windows Defender Firewall from the drop-down menus below.
- To apply the modifications, press the OK button. Then attempt to activate Windows 11 once again.
6. Remove any firewall software that was installed by a third party.
- To access the Power User menu, first hit the Windows + X key combination.
- Select the Run shortcut from the menu.
- To access Programs and Features, type this text and click OK. appwiz.cpl
- In the Programs and Features applet, choose any third-party firewall software.
- To delete the firewall software, choose Uninstall and then Yes.
- Restart your computer and try again to activate Windows 11.
Third-party uninstaller applications like IObit Uninstaller may also uninstall software and remove any residual detritus. IObit Uninstaller is a freeware program that offers more uninstalling choices and functionality than Windows 11’s default uninstaller applet.
Firewalls may be included in third-party antivirus software. As a result, third-party antivirus applications should be uninstalled as well.
7. Restore your operating system to a prior state.
- As mentioned in the first couple of stages of the previous resolution, open Run.
- Enter the following command and click OK to launch System Restore: rstrui
- Select If a different restore point is available, choose it and click Next to proceed.
- Click Next after selecting the oldest restoration point you can.
- Finish by pressing the Finish button.
Software installed before that date will be removed if you restore Windows 11 to a previous date. Within System Restoration, select Scan for Affected Programs to see what software a particular restore point impacts.
Is it possible to activate Windows 11 over the phone instead?
For activating Windows 11, there is an offline phone approach. According to Microsoft’s Product Activation homepage, you may choose to activate Windows by phone through Settings. Alternatively, type slui.exe 4 into the Run box and press OK.
You must choose a location from the drop-down option in the Windows Activation box that appears. The window will then provide a list of toll-free numbers to contact in order to activate Windows. Make a list of the numbers you’ll need to turn the platform off.
If your PC is linked to the internet, you shouldn’t need to activate Windows 11 through phone. First, try all of the possible remedies for error 0x87e10bc6 listed above. The solutions in our Can’t activate your copy of Windows 11 tutorial may also be useful in resolving that problem.
In the comments area below, you may discuss Windows 11 activation problem 0x87e10bc6. Feel free to ask any questions or share any alternative solutions for error 0x87e10bc6 there.
Are you still experiencing problems? Use this tool to fix them:
- Download this TrustPilot.com-rated PC Repair Tool (download starts on this page).
- To detect Windows faults that may be causing PC difficulties, click Start Scan.
- To repair faults with Patented Technologies, click Repair All (Exclusive Discount for our readers).
This month, 0 readers have downloaded Restoro.
Was this page of assistance to you?
Thank you very much!
There are insufficient details It’s difficult to comprehend Other Speak with a Professional
Start a discussion.
The “0x87e10bc6 fix” is a solution that can be used to fix the Windows activation error 0x87e10bc6 on Windows 11. The error will occur when you are trying to activate your Windows operating system by using an ISO image.
Frequently Asked Questions
How do I fix error code 0x87E10BC6?
A: If you are getting this error, it means that the game has crashed. The most common cause of crashing is because your PC does not have enough power to run the game properly. There are a few things you can try doing in order to fix this issue.
1) Update your graphics card drivers – if done correctly, it should resolve any issues with crashes or errors 0x87E10BC6 and other causes for these types of problems;
2) Install more RAM on your computer (which will help multitasking); 3) Turn off anti-virus software programs running on your computer as they may be causing conflicts with games
How do I fix Windows activation error 0x80072EE7?
A: In order to fix this problem, you need to clean reinstall windows.
How do I fix Windows activation error?
A: Unfortunately, Windows activation errors are not always fixable. You may need to format your computers hard drive in order for the error to go away.
- something prevented us from communicating with our activation servers 0x87e10bc6
- windows server 2019 activation error 0x87e10bc6
- windows is not activated windows 10 pro
- license activation (slui.exe) failed with the following error code: hr=0x87e10bc6
- windows is not activated fix