Windows 10 is a very important part of the Microsoft ecosystem, but it can be slow and unresponsive. This problem often occurs when you have too many applications open or background processes running in the system.
The windows 10 very slow and unresponsive 2021 is a problem that many people are experiencing. There are some quick solutions to fix the issue.
Ivan Jenic’s contribution
Expert in Troubleshooting
Ivan has gone deep into knowing this operating system, with a specialty in drivers and driver problems, thanks to his passion for all things Windows and his natural curiosity. When he isn’t tackling, he is… Continue reading
15th of October, 2021
Originally published in March 2018
- After an update, Windows 10 may become very sluggish or unresponsive.
- Continue reading for a list of potential solutions that anybody may attempt.
- If you’re searching for answers to other OS problems, check out the Windows 10 Troubleshooting page.
- In the Tools area, you’ll discover great suggestions for boosting your device’s performance.
BY CLICKING ON THE DOWNLOAD FILE, YOU CAN INSTALL XINSTALL.
We suggest Restoro PC Repair Tool to repair a variety of PC issues: This program will fix common computer problems, protect you against file loss, viruses, and hardware failure, and optimize your PC to run at its best. In three simple actions, you can immediately fix PC problems and eliminate viruses:
- Download the Restoro PC Repair Tool, which includes patent-pending technologies (patent available here).
- To identify Windows faults that may be causing PC difficulties, click Start Scan.
- To address problems that are impacting your computer’s security and performance, click Repair All.
- This month, 0 readers have downloaded Restoro.
With Windows 10, Microsoft promises better performance. Despite the fact that much improvement has been achieved, some customers say that Microsoft’s most current operating system has caused their machine to slow down.
Furthermore, they claim that after upgrading to Windows 10, the operating system became very sluggish and unresponsive, not just at startup but also while accessing programs or folders.
The operating system may occasionally stall completely, especially after automated upgrades.
Furthermore, even File Explorer has a slow reaction time.
So, in today’s post, we’ll go through some of the potential reasons and remedies, in the hopes of giving your operating system a boost and giving you complete control over your device.
Table of Contents
What should I do if Windows 10 is running slowly?
1. Make sure your drivers and software are up to date.
If your key components or apps are out of current, your Windows 10 may become sluggish.
While upgrading apps is simple, if you don’t know what to get, outdated drivers may be a headache.
Installing the incorrect driver version can permanently harm your system, therefore we highly advise using DriverFix to obtain just the drivers you need for your device.
The program analyzes your PC with only one click, identifies the faulty software, and suggests various alternatives from a large database.
If you use this effective solution to securely update all of your old drivers, Windows 10 slowness will be a thing of the past.
2. Disable processes that use a lot of resources.
- By hitting Ctrl + Shift + Esc on your keyboard, you may access Task Manager.
- Select the Startup option from the drop-down menu. Sort the processes according to their Startup effect.
- Disable processes in the High category, but leave critical applications like your antivirus unaffected.
3. Enable the option for a quicker starting.
- Enter power settings by pressing Windows Key + S. Change the power and sleep settings.
- Select Additional power options from the drop-down menu.
- From the menu on the left, choose Choose what the power button does.
- Select Change settings that are presently unavailable from the drop-down menu.
- Make sure that the Turn on quick startup box is checked (recommended).
- You’re good to go now that you’ve saved your modifications.
Hybrid Startup and Shutdown is a function that puts your computer into a hibernation mode. It makes the setup and shutdown processes go more smoothly.
4. Keep an eye out for sluggish services.
- Type services in the search box by pressing Windows key + R. Enter the command msc.
- Look for any services that take too long to launch in the list of all services that start with Windows 10.
- Change the settings for each service from Default to Delayed Start by right-clicking on it.
- Restart after saving your modifications.
5. Turn off the transparency and blur effects.
- Open the Settings app on your phone.
- Then choose Personalization from the drop-down menu.
- Then choose Colors. Transparency effects should be turned off.
6. Install Windows 10 from scratch.
When upgrading from Windows 8 or Windows 7 to Windows 10, or even installing the newest Windows 10 upgrades, you may encounter software problems.
As a result, a clean installation of Windows 10 is recommended. Before you do this, make sure you have a backup of your critical data.
7. Disconnect from the Windows Module Installer service.
- Enter services.msc by pressing Windows Key + R. Now hit Enter or OK to continue.
- Double-click Windows Module Installer from the list to view its properties.
- Check the status of the service; if it’s set to Running, click the Stop button to stop it.
- In addition, if you wish to deactivate this service permanently, you may set the Startup Type to Disabled.
- To save your changes, click Apply and OK.
Check to see whether the issue has been addressed after deactivating this service.
To find possible problems, run a System Scan.
To detect Windows problems, click Start Scan.
To solve problems with Patented Technologies, click Repair All.
To identify faults causing security issues and slowdowns, do a PC Scan using Restoro Repair Tool. The repair procedure will replace damaged files with new Windows files and components once the scan is completed.
Note: Disabling this service may prevent you from receiving Windows updates, so be sure to activate it again to avoid any issues.
8. Remove all peripherals from the system.
Windows 10 may become sluggish as a result of your hardware. To resolve the issue, you must unplug all of your computer’s peripherals.
This includes printers, hard disks, cameras, and other USB devices.
Several customers, for example, claimed that USB speakers were to blame for the problem. The problem was fully fixed after unplugging the gadget.
9. Clean up your hard drive
- Enter defrag by pressing Windows Key + S. Select Defragment and Optimize Drives now.
- Select the appropriate drive in the Optimize Drives box and click Analyze.
- Select the fragmented disk and click Optimize after scanning the drives.
- Wait for Windows to defrag your hard disk.
- Carry on using this procedure for all of your drives.
Check to see whether the issue has been fixed once the defragmentation procedure is completed.
It’s worth noting that there are a slew of other excellent third-party defragmentation programs available, each with its own set of sophisticated capabilities.
10. Change the virtual memory size
- Enter advanced mode by pressing Windows Key + S. Select View the system’s advanced settings.
- In the Performance section, click the Settings button.
- Click the Change button on the Advanced tab.
- Uncheck Automatically manage paging file size for all disks in the Virtual Memory window.
- Then choose Custom size and fill in the Initial Size and Maximum Size fields. To save your changes, click the Set button and then OK.
After that, you’ll configure the virtual memory capacity for that disk. It’s possible that you’ll have to adjust the manual size for all of your drives.
The size of your virtual memory is proportional to the amount of your RAM.
As a matter of thumb, the Initial size should be at least 1.5 times the amount of RAM memory on your computer. The maximum size should be up to four times the amount of RAM on your computer.
Windows 10, like any other program, is susceptible to viruses, so make sure your system is virus-free. To be sure, use any free antivirus program and do a complete system scan.
We think that after implementing these fixes, any slowness issues should be addressed entirely.
You may wish to have a look at a similar troubleshooting post devoted to sluggish desktops.
On the other hand, if you have any more ideas on this subject, please let us know in the comments area.
Are you still experiencing problems? Use this tool to fix them:
- Download this TrustPilot.com-rated PC Repair Tool (download starts on this page).
- To identify Windows faults that may be causing PC difficulties, click Start Scan.
- To resolve problems with Patented Technologies, click Repair All (Exclusive Discount for our readers).
This month, 0 readers have downloaded Restoro.
Was this page of assistance to you? 25
Thank you very much!
There are insufficient details It’s difficult to comprehend Other Speak with a Professional
There are two responses to this post.
Windows 10 very slow and unresponsive is a common issue that many people face. A quick solution to this problem is to uninstall the update. Reference: windows 10 slow after update 2020.
Frequently Asked Questions
How do I fix Windows 10 slow and unresponsive?
There are a few different things you can do to help speed up your computer. One of these is by disabling the indexing service in Windows 10. To do this, go into Control Panel and then System and Security > Administrative Tools > Services. Scroll down until you find Indexing Service. Double-click it and then click Stop.
Why is my Windows 10 so slow and laggy?
Windows 10 is a really great operating system, but it can cause some issues. If your computer is running slow and laggy, you may want to consider upgrading your hardware.
How do I fix Windows 10 slow performance issue and boost system speed?
There are many different reasons why Windows 10 might be running slow. The most common reasons are that you have too much RAM, your hard drive is full or not formatted correctly, and/or your computer has multiple programs open at the same time.
- windows 10 so slow unusable
- windows 10 very slow startup
- windows 10 very slow and unresponsive 2020 reddit
- windows 10 very slow after update
- windows 10 very slow after restart