Microsoft has released a new update for its Windows 10 operating system that fixes an issue with installing drivers. The technical glitch caused some computers to stop working altogether, while others would freeze up when attempting to install the updated driver.
Windows 10 free download is a problem that has been present for a while. Windows 10 & 11 encountered a problem installing the driver. Read more in detail here: windows 10 free download.
He spent much of his time building new talents and learning more about the IT industry, since he was passionate about technology, Windows, and anything that had a power button. Coming from a strong foundation in computer science,… Read more
14th of December, 2021
Publish date: November 2020
- Identifying the issue Because the driver you’re attempting to install is incomplete, damaged, or corrupt, the error occurs when you try to install it.
- This may also happen if you attempt to install a driver that isn’t compatible with your PC or system.
- In this post, we’ll look at several simple techniques to get your gadget running again. Running the troubleshooter, for example, may be really beneficial.
Update your PC’s drivers to keep it healthy. This program will aid in the detection of outdated and malfunctioning drivers, as well as the automated search for a suitable replacement. As a result, you’ll be using all of your system’s components at maximum capacity. In three simple steps, you can check your drivers:
- Now you can get DriverFix for free (secured download)
- Start the application and choose the Scan option.
- Wait for the scan to complete before beginning to install the required drivers.
- This month, 0 readers have successfully downloaded DriverFix.
A PC cannot function properly unless its drivers are up to date. Windows 10 will usually update these automatically, but if this does not happen, you may manually update them.
While installing or updating drivers, it seems that many users are receiving the error message Windows experienced a difficulty installing the driver software for your device.
This generally implies there’s a problem with the installation package, but it’s easy to fix in a few minutes.
Table of Contents
Why is it that Windows is unable to install the driver software?
There are a number of reasons why you’re getting this error, but the majority of them are related to the driver.
For example, the system may mistakenly identify the device you put in as a different one and attempt to install the incorrect driver.
Alternatively, part of the driver’s components may be corrupted, causing the system to reject it.
We have answers for these issues below, but if the USB isn’t functioning with Windows 10, you can also read our guide with remedies.
Keep reading because we’ll go through precisely how you can fix it in this post.
How can I repair the Windows 10 and 11 driver installation error?
Run the troubleshooter first.
- Select the app from the results by pressing the Start button and typing control panel.
- Click View devices and printers in the Hardware and Sound section.
- Right-click the device with the issue in the Device section and choose Troubleshoot.
- After the operation is completed, restart your computer.
2. Manually install the driver
- Select Device Manager from the list by right-clicking on the Start button.
- Expand the component parts, then right-click and choose Properties on the faulty driver.
- Then, on the Driver tab, press the Update Driver button.
- In the new box, choose Browse my computer for driver software.
- Press Enter after selecting the following location: C:WindowsWinSxS
Updating your drivers is required for your system to operate correctly, but it may be a time-consuming process, so it’s not uncommon to have outdated, broken ones.
Using a specialist program like DriverFix, though, makes this a lot simpler. You can update all of your drivers in seconds with just a few clicks, so give it a try.
3. Modify the TrustedInstaller permissions.
- Double-click on Windows C drive by pressing Windows + E.
- Locate System32 in the Windows folder and choose Properties.
- After that, go to the Security tab and choose Edit.
- Check the box next to Full Control under TrustedInstaller, then press Apply and OK.
4. Uninstall the driver and reinstall it.
- Go to Device Manager by going to Search and typing devmngr.
- Locate your driver, right-click it, and choose Uninstall Device from the menu.
- Your computer should be restarted.
When the error Windows experienced a difficulty installing the driver software for your device displays, it typically means that the driver installation package is corrupt.
Expert Tip: Some PC problems, such as damaged repositories or missing Windows files, are difficult to resolve. If you’re having problems repairing a mistake, it’s possible that your system is partly broken. Restoro is a tool that will scan your computer and determine the source of the problem. To download and begin mending, go here.
Another option for resolving this problem is to remove the troublesome driver entirely and then reinstall it from the manufacturer’s website.
After you’ve completed these steps, you may attempt to update the drivers normally. There should be no more issues.
How can I repair the Windows 11 driver installation error?
Unfortunately, the new OS has inherited this issue, so you’re covered if you receive the error message Windows experienced a difficulty downloading the driver software for your device with Windows 11.
That’s because all of the options we listed above for resolving this problem in Windows 10 will also work in Windows 11.
Apart from the fact that the menus seem a bit different, the new system has all of the same features and settings as our tutorial.
Look for malware on your computer.
If none of the suggestions above worked, it’s possible that your computer has been infected with malware or viruses.
In this scenario, a comprehensive scan of your machine using the built-in Windows Defender or a superior third-party antivirus is recommended.
The function may be found in the Windows Security section of Settings, under the Virus & Threat Protection option. Open the relevant program for third-party antiviruses.
That’s all there is to it. These are our suggestions for resolving the problem notice that appears while installing or upgrading drivers.
If you’ve already upgraded to Windows 11, find out what to do if your USB device isn’t recognized by the operating system.
We really hope that at least one of these suggestions assisted you in getting the drivers installed on your PC. Please let us know if you have any further thoughts or recommendations in the comments section below.
Are you still experiencing problems? Use this tool to fix them:
- Download this TrustPilot.com-rated PC Repair Tool (download starts on this page).
- To detect Windows faults that may be causing PC difficulties, click Start Scan.
- To repair faults with Patented Technologies, click Repair All (Exclusive Discount for our readers).
This month, 0 readers have downloaded Restoro.
Was this page of assistance to you?
Thank you very much!
There are insufficient details It’s difficult to comprehend Other Speak with a Professional
Start a discussion.
Watch This Video-
The “windows 10 pro” is a problem that has been present for a while. Windows 10 & 11 encountered a problem installing the driver.
Frequently Asked Questions
Can I still download Windows 10 for free?
A: If you are running Windows 10, then yes. You can download it for free from Microsofts website and install on your PC or laptop as well as other devices that run the operating system.
Can I download Windows 10?
A: Yes, you can download Windows 10 from Microsofts website.
Can I download Windows 10 on a Chromebook?
A: If a Chromebook is running on Google Chrome OS, then yes you can. Many people who have an older model of Chromebook are unable to download Windows 10 as it requires at least 4GB of RAM in order for the laptop or computer to function properly.
- windows 10 iso
- windows 10 download
- windows 10 install
- windows 10 key
- windows 10 latest version