Afterburner is a very popular overclocking software used by over half of PC gamers. This piece examines the most common issues players have with Afterburner, and how to fix them.
The “msi afterburner not applying changes” is a problem that many people have been experiencing. There are a few fixes to the issue, which can be applied in order to fix it.
Kazim has always been fascinated by technology, whether it’s tinkering with the settings on his iPhone, Android device, or Windows computer. And, on occasion, unscrewing the gadget to inspect the hardware, however… Continue reading
- MSI Afterburner has recently been reported as not functioning with Windows 11 by a number of customers, either on a single game, a couple, or all of them.
- You may try deactivating the Steam and NVIDIA overlays, giving the application administrator privileges, and other techniques suggested below to remedy issue.
- Learn how to install MSI Afterburner with Windows 11 as well.
BY CLICKING ON THE DOWNLOAD FILE, YOU CAN INSTALL XINSTALL.
We propose Restoro PC Repair Tool to address a variety of PC issues: This program will fix common computer faults, protect you against file loss, viruses, and hardware failure, and optimize your PC to run at its best. In three simple actions, you can immediately fix PC problems and eradicate viruses:
- Download the Restoro PC Repair Tool, which includes patent-pending technologies (patent available here).
- To detect Windows faults that may be causing PC difficulties, click Start Scan.
- To correct problems that are hurting your computer’s security and performance, click Repair All.
- This month, 0 readers have downloaded Restoro.
MSI Afterburner is a graphics card overclocking tool that works with most of them. You may also utilize it to keep an eye on the system’s performance. However, MSI Afterburner is not functioning with Windows 11, according to multiple customers.
This might be for a variety of reasons, which we’ll go through in the sections below. When this condition develops, however, you are unable to change or monitor your performance while playing a game.
As one would guess, this presents a significant difficulty to players. This is why we’ve created this article to assist you understand the problem and find the most effective solutions to the MSI Afterburned not functioning in Windows 11 issue.
Table of Contents
Why isn’t MSI Afterburner compatible with Windows 11?
Most people have no difficulty getting it up and running, but those who can’t seem to get it to function have incorrect settings, NVIDIA or Steam overlay, compatibility issues, and so on.
In addition, numerous customers have stated that the problem in their situation was caused by an older version of MSI Afterburner, which is readily fixable. Additionally, flaws with the driver have been shown to have an impact on its performance.
Now that you have a good knowledge of the root reasons, let’s move on to the solutions. To quickly and successfully troubleshoot the problem, run them in the order provided.
If MSI Afterburner isn’t functioning in Windows 11, what can I do?
1. Turn off the Steam overlay.
- To open the Search menu, press Windows + S, type Steam in the top text box, and then select the appropriate search result that displays.
- Select Properties from the context menu by right-clicking on the game you’re having difficulties with.
- While in-game, untick the Enable the Steam Overlay checkbox.
Any software that overlays MSI Afterburner in Windows 11 might cause it to malfunction, and Steam is often blamed. As a result, it’s suggested that you deactivate the overlay and see whether it resolves the problem. If not, go on to the next step.
2. Turn off the NVIDIA overlay
- Click the Settings (gear) icon in the top-right corner of the NVIDIA GEFORCE EXPERIENCE panel to open it.
- Next, turn off the IN-GAME OVERLAY option.
3. Launch MSI Afterburner as an administrator.
- To open the File Explorer, press Windows + E, then paste the following path into the address bar at the top and press Enter: MSI Afterburner (x86) C:Program Files (x86)
- Then, from the context menu, right-click on the MSIAfterburner.exe file and choose Properties. You may also pick the file and press Alt + Enter.
- In the Properties box, go to the Compatibility tab.
- To preserve your changes and exit the window, choose the Run this application as an administrator option and click OK at the bottom.
If the MSI Afterburner does not have the rights to run with administrator privileges, you may run into issues while playing games, as well as with other software.
4. In RivaTuner, manually set the detection level to high.
- To browse to it, use Windows + E to open the File Explorer, paste the following path in the address bar at the top, and click Enter: Program Files (C:Program Files) (x86) RivaTuner Statistics Server is a server that collects data from RivaTuner
- To use the RivaTuner utility, double-click the RTSS.exe file.
- When the UAC (User Account Control) question appears, choose Yes.
- Then, at the bottom, click the Add button.
- Navigate to the game’s save directory, pick the executable (.exe) file, and click Open.
- Now, under Application detection level, pick High.
The RivaTuner Statistics Server is a program that comes along with MSI Afterburner that allows you to monitor your hardware and overclock your graphics card.
Changing the program detection level to high in RivaTuner may assist if MSI Afterburner is not functioning in Windows 11 on a certain game or a group of games while it is working on others.
If this fixes the problem, repeat the process for all of the games you’re having difficulties with.
5. Switch to compatibility mode in MSI Afterburner.
- To open the File Explorer, press Windows + E, type or paste the following path in the address bar at the top, and then press Enter: MSI Afterburner (x86) C:Program Files (x86)
- Select Properties from the context menu when right-clicking on the MSIAfterburner.exe file.
- Go to the top of the page and choose the Compatibility tab.
- Check the box next to Run this software in compatibility mode and pick each option from the dropdown menu underneath it one at a time until the fault is resolved.
- Finally, at the bottom of the Properties box, click OK to save the changes and dismiss the window.
If none of the preceding techniques work, try running MSI Afterburner in compatibility mode with an earlier version of Windows. For many users, this has been found to be the solution.
6. Turn off the built-in graphics card.
- Select Restart from the dropdown menu in the Shut Down Windows window by pressing Alt + F4.
- To restart the computer, select OK.
- To access the BIOS, press the F12 or Del key (or other suitable key for your system) as soon as the manufacturer’s name appears on the screen. Because you’ll only have a few seconds here, tap the key many times to be safe.
- Navigate to the Advanced tab from the top of the system BIOS.
- From the list of choices, choose Chipset.
- After that, choose SouthBridge Configuration.
- Choose Primary Graphics Adapter from the drop-down menu.
- Make sure you choose the option with PCIE listed first and IGP (Integrated Graphics Processor) listed last in the pop-up window.
- After making the changes, navigate to the Exit tab, and click on Exit & Save Changes.
There’s a potential MSI Afterburner won’t operate with Windows 11 if both the external and integrated graphics cards are activated. In such situation, you should turn off the integrated graphics card.
Because each computer’s BIOS interface is different, the procedure for doing so will vary. However, the processes outlined above should give you a good idea of what to expect.
It’s also suggested that you don’t make any further modifications to the BIOS unless you’re well aware of the consequences, since this might jeopardize the computer’s operation.
7. Install MSI Afterburner again.
- To open Settings, press Windows + I, then pick Apps from the left-hand navigation pane’s tabs.
- Click on Apps & features on the right.
- Locate the MSI Afterburner app, click the ellipsis next to it, and pick Uninstall from the pop-up menu.
- In the popup that appears, click Uninstall once more.
Under many circumstances, the MSI Afterburner software itself has an issue that stops it from running in Windows 11. There’s also a chance you’ll run into similar problems if you’re using an old version of the program.
In this situation, uninstalling MSI Afterburner and then installing the newest version would be a straightforward remedy. Check out the following section if you’re not sure how to accomplish the last portion.
How can I get MSI Afterburner to work on Windows 11?
If you’ve been wanting to get your hands on MSI Afterburner but aren’t sure how to get it or how it works, check out our tutorial, which covers every facet of the software as well as how to obtain it.
Most likely, the file will be zipped (Zip format), and you will need to extract it before proceeding with the installation. MSI Afterburner is now ready to use, and you may monitor and overclock the GPU after completing these instructions.
These are all the options for resolving difficulties with MSI Afterburner on Windows 11. Most of the time, you won’t need to run them all since the issue will be solved within the first few ways.
Learn how to fix the problem if you are unable to change the fan speed with MSI afterburner.
In the comments area below, let us know which repair worked for you, as well as your MSI Afterburner experience.
Was this page of assistance to you?
Thank you very much!
There are insufficient details It’s difficult to comprehend Other Speak with a Professional
Start a discussion.
The “msi afterburner not showing readings” is a problem that many users have faced. There are some fixes for the issue, but you will need to follow them one by one.
Frequently Asked Questions
Does MSI Afterburner work with Windows 11?
A: MSI Afterburner is a program that allows your PC to run at its maximum potential by overclocking and tweaking settings. It doesnt actually work with Windows 11 as it hasnt been released yet, so you can either wait for the release or use something else like Overwolf which does have an update coming soon.
Why is MSI Afterburner not working?
A: MSI Afterburner does not support any current version of the game, including v1.2.
Why is my GPU not showing up in MSI Afterburner?
A: You need to update your graphics drivers.
- msi afterburner not working windows 10
- msi afterburner not working on windows 11
- msi afterburner not applying overclock
- msi afterburner not keeping settings
- msi afterburner sliders not working