The OnePlus 2 is very popular now. It has a 5.5″ screen and a Qualcomm Snapdragon 810 chipset and an Adreno 430 GPU. The phone also has a great camera, no bloatware, and free charging power.
Root OnePlus Nord 2 5G and Unlock Bootloader [Guide]
With the release of the OnePlus 5G and its unique 5G-ready features, it was an easy choice for this blog to cover the newly available 5G connectivity in detail. The first thing to know is that the 5G connectivity is called “Nordic”, and unlike other 5G technologies, there is no need for a special 5G phone in order to enjoy its benefits.
With the OnePlus Nord, OnePlus has been a long-time player in the inexpensive smartphone market. The second gadget in the lineup, the Nord 2, was just introduced by the manufacturer. The OnePlus Nord 2 is a suitable successor to the OnePlus Nord. This article is for you if you’ve already purchased the OnePlus Nord 2 and want root access. You’ll learn how to root and unlock the OnePlus Nord 2’s bootloader in this article.
Your text will be rewritten by QuillBot. Start by typing or pasting something into this box, then hit the enter key.
The camera on the OnePlus Nord 2 is also rather good. With all of these characteristics, your tablet may be transformed into a performing venue. However, you’ll need to fiddle with some settings to gain access to more complex capabilities. To gain access to all of these features, you must first root your OnePlus Nord 2. Fortunately, it is doable, and we will share the instructions with you. You’ll also learn how to unlock the bootloader on the OnePlus Nord 2.
OnePlus smartphones are popular, and bespoke development work for them is plentiful. It features custom development support, as practically everything can be fixed on the internet. This is one of the reasons why rooting a device is a viable option for everybody. Rooting is the best way to go if you don’t want to switch from OxygenOS but want a lot of flexibility. Rooting the OnePlus Nord 2 unlocks a slew of advanced functions. However, in order to root your OnePlus Nord 2, you must first unlock the device’s bootloader. Let’s start with the bootloader stages.
Table of Contents
OnePlus Nord 2 5G Bootloader Unlock
You must be familiar with the bootloader if you have rooted an Android phone. The OnePlus Nord 2 ships with a locked bootloader that prevents users from rooting the device. So you must first unlock your OnePlus Nord 2 before rooting it. OnePlus, notably the OnePlus Nord 2, allows customers to unlock the bootloader of their phones. You can do so by following the procedures outlined below.
- Because unlocking the bootloader will format data, make a comprehensive backup of your OnePlus Nord 2.
- Install ADB & Fastboot driver on your computer.
- Go to the ‘About Phone’ tab in Settings on your OnePlus Nord 2 5G.
- Look for the Build Number and 7-8 times tap it. ‘You are now a developer,’ it will say.
- Go back to main Settings then go to System > Developer Options.
- Now enable OEM Unlocking & USB Debugging in developer options. Also, enable the Advance reboot option which will allow to boot the phone in different mode.
- Long press the Power button to bring up a menu of options; pick bootloader by clicking the three dots. Shortcut keys can also be used to enter the bootloader.
- Fastboot Mode/Bootloader mode will now be enabled on the OnePlus Nord 2. Connect your phone to your computer via USB cable.
- Now, on your PC, launch the command/CMD window. To check the device’s connection to the computer, type the command. It will return a device id.
- To begin unlocking the bootloader on the OnePlus Nord 2, type the specified instruction.
- The command above will bring up a menu of options on your phone. Toggle choices now with the Volume keys. Press the Power button while selecting ‘Unlock the Bootloader.’
- Keep in mind that the operation will erase all data. After the bootloader unlock is complete, the device will automatically reboot into the operating system.
- Set up your OnePlus Nord 2 5G with unlocked bootloader and start using it.
After you’ve unlocked the bootloader on your OnePlus Nord 2, you can start rooting it. The bootloader can be verified in developer options, and oem unlocking must be enabled after the reset. Make sure to read the prerequisites section before beginning the root process.
- Make sure you have a complete backup of your phone.
- Install Magisk APK on your Android device.
- Make sure your phone’s bootloader is unlocked.
- Install ADB & Fastboot driver installed on your PC (Or Download Platform Tools)
- OnePlus Nord 2 5G software may be downloaded here (The same version that is installed on your phone)
- Some apps, such as financial apps, may not work.
How to Root the OnePlus Nord 2 Using Magisk
Rooting an Android phone unlocks further features. Custom fonts, custom boot animation, third-party themes, and more are some of the basic benefits of root that you may utilize right now. If you’ve already unlocked the bootloader, proceed to rooting your OnePlus Nord 2.
- To get started, download the Nord 2 firmware and copy the boot.img file to your phone.
- Now go to your phone’s app store and download the Magisk app.
- Open the Magisk app and tap the Install button.
- Then, from the drop-down menu, select ‘Select and Patch a File.’
- It will begin patching the boot image after you browse and choose the boot.img file.
- The generated file will be named magisk patched.img and saved in the download folder.
- Copy the patched boot image file to the C:adb folder on your PC (Copy it in the platform tools folder if you have downloaded). The patched file should now be called boot.img.
- Connect your OnePlus Nord 2 to your computer by rebooting it to Fastboot or bootloader mode.
- Press Shift + Right click on an empty place in the C:adb folder (or platform-tools folder) and select ‘Open Command window here’ or ‘Open PowerShell window here.’
- You can see if the device is connected by running the command below, which should yield a device id.
- To flash Magisk and root your OnePlus Nord 2, run the command below.
- flash boot boot.img fastboot
- Reboot your phone after flashing the patched boot image.
- If you haven’t already, download and install the Magisk app.
- After you finish the in-app steps, the device will reboot into the system.
Any root checker app can be used to check for root access. The software will ask for root permission, which you must provide. You can utilize all the apps and functions that require root access once you’ve rooted your OnePlus Nord 2. Magisk Modules, Xposed Modules, Key Mapper, and a lot more are included. You can also refer to the Xposed Framework installation tutorial.
That’s all there is to know about rooting OnePlus Nord 2 5G phones and unlocking their bootloaders. You can find more guides on OnePlus if you have a OnePlus phone.
Also look at:
This guide is for easy rooting of OnePlus 5G/Nord 2 5G and unlocking the bootloader. This guide is only for only OnePlus 5G and OnePlus 5G dual SIM variants. If you are looking for rooting and unlocking for other variants, check out this guide.. Read more about root oneplus nord android 11 and let us know what you think.
This article broadly covered the following related topics:
- how to root oneplus nord without pc
- twrp oneplus nord
- oneplus nord unlock bootloader
- root oneplus nord 10
- root oneplus nord android 11