This blog will cover how to program your Comcast Xfinity remote for a Samsung TV. To start, you need an IR blaster and an application that can handle controlling the device from a PC.
The “pair xfinity remote to samsung tv” is a process that most users have done at one point or another. The process involves programming your Comcast Xfinity remote to your Samsung TV.
Most gadgets are compatible with a variety of remote controllers. It might be tough to figure out which remote will work with your device at times.
Having many devices configured to your Comcast Xfinity remote may assist simplify your coffee table by eliminating the need for multiple remotes.
Is it possible to setup an Xfinity remote control to work with a Samsung Smart TV? Comcast users, on the other hand, may set their remote to control various devices, even a Samsung TV.
Table of Contents
- 1 There are three different methods to configure a Comcast/Xfinity remote to your Samsung TV.
- 2 Why won’t my Xfinity remote connect to my television?
There are three different methods to configure a Comcast/Xfinity remote to your Samsung TV.
Use one of the following three methods:
Method 1: Entering device codes manually
The programming code for your television may be found in the user manual for your remote or online. The main code for Comcast remote programming on a Samsung TV is usually 12051.
10812, 10814, and 10766 are among the others listed in the Comcast remote user handbook.
|Xfinity/Comcast remote codes for Samsung TVs are shown in the table below.|
Once you’ve confirmed that you have the correct code, manually setup the Xfinity remote for your TV by following these steps:
- Turn on your Comcast box and the TV. The power button on a Samsung TV may be found in a variety of places depending on the model, although it is usually on the front panel.
- Locate and push the TV button on the remote.
- Press and hold the SETUP button until you see the TV button double blink or the LED light at the top of the remote turns green.
- The four- or five-digit code must be entered. The green light on the TV button will blink twice.
- Press the power button on your Xfinity remote while pointing it towards your television. If the equipment doesn’t shut down, continue the procedure with all potential Comcast remote codes until you find the right one.
- After you’ve confirmed that the programming was successful, test the buttons on your remote to make sure they work. It’s worth noting that you can only use the remote to control the basic functionalities of your TV.
Note: If your remote’s status LED blinks red after entering any of the codes, double-check that you entered the proper code and try again.
Method 2: Programming by looking for device codes automatically.
To sync a Comcast remote to your TV using this approach, you don’t need the Samsung programming codes.
- Turn on the TV and the Comcast box.
- Press the TV button on your Xfinity remote.
- Hold down the SETUP key until the green light on the TV button flashes twice.
- On the remote, dial 9-1-1. Two times the TV button will flash.
- On the remote, press 1, then the Power button, then the CH + button.
- Rep the procedure till the TV turns off.
- To store the code, press SETUP.
Method 3: Using RF pairing to program Xfinity for Samsung TV
RF pairing allows Samsung TV owners to preset their Xfinity remotes. Radiofrequency is abbreviated as RF in the following steps:
- Check to see whether your remote control is turned on and operating.
- Turn on your Samsung television.
- Press and hold the SETUP button until the green light on the signal light flashes.
- On the remote, press the Xfinity button.
- Fill in the three-digit code that appears on your screen.
- By pointing the remote towards the TV and tapping any conventional keys, you may verify that the operation was successful.
Why won’t my Xfinity remote connect to my television?
With Comcast television boxes, your Xfinity remote works automatically. You’ll have to program it to function on any other television model, however.
To make sure you’ve configured it properly for your Samsung TV, check to see whether it can:
- Change the station on the television.
- Increase or decrease the loudness of your television.
- Turn on and off the television.
For a variety of reasons, your remote may fail to pair with your television. A malfunctioning remote, a barrier between the gadget and the television box, or an issue with the TV are all possibilities.
You may troubleshoot this issue by doing the following steps:
- Press the SETUP button on the Xfinity remote until the LED light at the top blinks twice to factory reset it.
- At a time, press and release one button on the remote.
- To reduce the angle between the TV and the Xfinity remote, stand in front of it.
- If a different device is available, try the Comcast Xfinity remote on it. If the new device works, your Samsung TV may have a problem. It can be restarted by disconnecting it from the power supply, waiting 30 seconds, and then plugging it back in.
If the remote still does not function after attempting the aforementioned methods, contact customer service.
Articles That Might Interest You
The “program xfinity xr2 remote to tv” is a process that can be done with the help of Comcast Xfinity.
- xfinity remote tv codes
- set up button on xfinity remote
- xfinity.com remotes
- program xfinity remote xr15
- xfinity xr15 remote codes