Kodi is a free and open source media player application developed by the XBMC Foundation. It provides access to a world of entertainment both on your computer and on your TV.
With Xbox console competition, the PlayStation 4 is one of the most popular video game consoles in the world, but it can also be used as a multimedia center, where you can watch movies, series, or videos saved on the system, as well as streaming services such as Netflix or Spotify. Today, though, we want to take things a step further, and in this post, we’ll show you how to use Kodi to stream TV, movies, and series on your PS4.
The Plex App is used by the Kodi program, which allows us to view IPTV lists, movies, and series exactly as we do on any other iOS, Android, Xbox, or Windows device. We discovered that the program is very reliable and operates without issues throughout our testing.
Kodi can be installed on both PS3 and PS4.
To begin, let me state that there is presently no direct way to install Kodi on a Playstation game console. However, this is not a problem since we will utilize an other method to install Kodi on the PS4. We’ll use Plex App, a popular media center program, to do this. First, we’ll download Plex App on PS4 and then use Plex App to install Kodi on PS4 and PS3. Install Kodi on PS4 by following the steps below.
- Open the ‘PlayStation Store’ app on your PlayStation system.
- Go to the’search option’ menu.
- Look up ‘Plex App’ on the internet.
- To begin downloading and installing the Plex app, click the download icon.
- You must’sign-in in the Plex app’ after installation. Start the Plex app to do this. You must register a new account if you do not already have one. Go to https://www.plex.tv/sign-up/ and fill out the form.
- The app will display a ‘code and a link’ on your TV screen once you sign in.
- When you click the link, you will be sent to the Plex home page.
- Please input the generated code, and you will now get a ‘App Linked’ message.
- Plex App must now be downloaded from the Google Play store onto your ‘Android device.’
- Sign in to the Plex App and click to Settings > System, then check the boxes for Advertise as a server, Show camera roll media, and Network discovery.
In 2020, here are the 7 greatest Kodi alternatives as a multimedia player.
[WPSM COLORBOX id=252] [WPSM COLORBOX id=252]
Doesn’t it seem to be simple? Because Kodi cannot be installed directly on the PS4 console, we must first install Plex. Before you begin streaming, ensure sure your Android phone and Playstation are both connected to the same network.
We hope you found the guide on How to watch TV, Movies, and Series on PS4 using Kodi to be useful.