There’s nothing more frustrating than getting a Windows error, but when you’re trying to run virtual machines on your computer and keep them running while in use it can be impossible. We’ll show you how to fix the VMware Workstation 11 windows update error that prevents this from happening.
“windows 11 vmware not working” is a problem that many users have been facing for years. This article will provide you with the steps to fix it.
Loredana Harsana (Loredana Harsana)
Windows & Software Expert
Loredana is a dedicated writer who is fascinated by computer software and technology. She began blogging about smartphones when the Samsung Galaxy S II was the most popular device on the market, and… Read more
- Installing Windows 11 on Vmware Workstation is more difficult than installing other operating systems.
- You could see issues like these when installing Windows 11 on a virtual system. This computer is unable to run Windows 11.
- These issues are usually caused by TPM 2.0 and secure boot requirements.
- Changing the.vmx file, enabling TPM in the VMware Workstation settings, or changing a few registry values are all possibilities for fixing similar difficulties.
BY CLICKING ON THE DOWNLOAD FILE, YOU CAN INSTALL XINSTALL.
We propose Restoro PC Repair Tool to address a variety of PC issues: This program will fix common computer faults, protect you against file loss, viruses, and hardware failure, and optimize your PC to run at its best. In three simple actions, you can immediately fix PC problems and eradicate viruses:
- Download the Restoro PC Repair Tool, which includes patent-pending technologies (patent available here).
- To detect Windows faults that may be causing PC difficulties, click Start Scan.
- To correct problems that are hurting your computer’s security and performance, click Repair All.
- This month, 0 readers have downloaded Restoro.
You may get many sorts of issues while attempting to install Windows 11 as a guest on your VMware Workstation, such as This PC cannot run Windows 11.
The fact that Windows 11 is a free upgrade for Windows 10 customers does not change the fact that it has hardware limitations.
The Trusted Platform Module (TPM) is frequently to blame, and it may be fixed in a few steps by altering the registry or VMX file.
We’ll talk about why VMware crashes and how to solve it later, but first, let’s look at the most frequent VMware faults on Windows 11.
Table of Contents
What causes the Windows 11 VMware Workstation error?
To install Windows 11 properly, your machine must meet the TPM 2.0 and secure boot requirements.
Even if your PC meets the requirements, VMware Workstation does not by default support this functionality, resulting in an error.
Fortunately, you may circumvent this limitation by editing the Windows Registry or the VMX file in the working directory.
This PC can’t run Windows 11 is the error message that appears; to fix the issue, follow the procedures below.
How can I repair the VMware Workstation problem on Windows 11?
1. Add VTPM to the VMX file.
- To begin, open VMware Workstation. If you haven’t previously done so, create a new virtual computer. Also, turn off any virtual machines that are currently active.
- Select Settings from the virtual machine’s right-click menu.
- In the Settings box, choose the Options tab.
- In the right pane, look for the Working directory. The VMX file for your virtual machine is saved here. The path should then be copied to your clipboard.
- Close the Settings window after that.
- To launch File Explorer, press Windows + E at the same time.
- Press Enter after right-clicking in the File Explorer address bar and selecting Paste.
- If you don’t see file extensions, go to View settings, hover over Show, then choose File name extensions from the drop-down menu.
- Locate the.vmx file, right-click it, then choose Open With, then Choose another software from the menu.
- Click OK after selecting Notepad.
- When the file opens in Notepad, add the following line at the end: autoAddVTPM = “software” managedVM.autoAddVTPM = “software”
- Press Ctrl + S to save the file, then shut it.
- After you’ve finished editing the file, restart VMware Workstation.
- Now you may start installing Windows 11. You should be able to bypass the TPM check and go on to the next step of the process.
The quickest solution to repair the Windows 11 VMware Workstation problem is to edit your virtual machine’s.VMX file and install the VTPM (Virtual Trusted Platform Module).
This solution is compatible with all versions of VMware Workstation, including Pro, Player, and Fusion.
2. Turn on TPM 2.0.
- Open VMware Workstation Pro to get started. Create a new virtual computer if you haven’t previously.
- Select Settings from the context menu when you right-click on your virtual machine.
- Select the Options tab from the Settings menu.
- Select the Access Control tab in the left pane, then click the Encrypt button in the right pane.
- Enter and confirm an encryption password. Keep the encryption password secure since you’ll need it to access the virtual computer.
- Before pressing the Encrypt button, wait for the encryption process to complete.
- To save your changes, click OK when you’re done.
- TPM is now available for use on your virtual machine. To do so, go to your encrypted virtual machine’s context menu and pick Settings.
- On the Hardware tab, click the Add button.
- To install a virtual TPM to your virtual computer, choose Trusted Platform Module and then click Finish.
- Trusted Platform Module will appear in the Summary column of the Settings window.
- To save the changes, click OK.
If you’re using VMware Workstation Pro, the problem may be fixed by encrypting your virtual system and then installing a virtual Trusted Platform Module (TPM).
Expert Tip: Some PC problems, such as damaged repositories or missing Windows files, are difficult to resolve. If you’re having problems repairing a mistake, it’s possible that your system is partly broken. Restoro is a tool that will scan your computer and determine the source of the problem. To download and begin mending, go here.
If you’re using VMware Workstation Player, however, go to the next technique, which requires a registry hack and altering the VMX file.
More information about this subject may be found here.
3. Get around TPM 2.0’s requirements
- Set up your virtual computer and begin the installation of Windows 11.
- To enter Command Prompt when you receive the This PC can’t run Windows 11 issue, click Shift + F10.
- In the Command Prompt window, run the following command and press Enter to start Registry Editor: Regedit
- In the Registry Editor, go to the following location: HKEY LOCAL MACHINESYSTEMSetup
- Select New then Key from the context menu of the Setup folder.
- It should be renamed BypassTPMCheck.
- Now, in the right pane, right-click and hover over New, then pick DWORD (32-bit) value.
- Change the value’s name to LabConfig.
- Double-click it, then click OK after typing 1 in the Value data area of the pop-up menu.
- When you’re done, close the Registry Editor and Command Prompted.
- You’ll be returned to the Windows Setup window, where the issue first appeared. In the upper left corner, click the Back button (back arrow icon).
- After you’ve chosen the Windows version you wish to install, click Next.
- You should now be able to finish the Windows 11 installation without any issues.
This method may seem complex, but it is universal and works with all VMware Workstation versions.
If you don’t want to encrypt your virtual machine like the previous approach, you may also use this registry hack to get around the Trusted Platform Module requirement.
Why does VMware Workstation Pro’s Windows guest break on startup?
When using VMware Workstation Pro v.16.1.2, you can run across another issue.
When you use Workstation Pro 16.1.2 on Windows 11 to create a Windows guest VM, and the host system has enabled Hyper-V (in this instance, WSL2), and you pick more than one processor and/or one core processor for the guest, the Windows gust VM fails at startup.
The following is the error you will encounter: Unrecoverable error in VMware Workstation: (vcpu-0). The access violation exception 0xc0000005 has occurred.
It’s worth mentioning that the aforementioned problem often affects AMD Ryzen5950x CPU customers.
This inaccuracy, however, is no longer a concern. To remedy the issue, VMware just released a Workstation upgrade.
So, if you’re having the same difficulty, all you have to do is upgrade your Workstation, since this issue only affects earlier versions.
The Windows 11 VMware bug affects many customers who have lab setups and are using VMware Workstation on obsolete hardware that lacks a Trusted Platform Module.
Fortunately, this problem may be resolved by simply following the procedures given in this tutorial. Also, if you’re attempting to install Windows 11 on an incompatible PC, see our post.
If you’ve tried any of these techniques, please let us know how it went in the comments area below!
Are you still experiencing problems? Use this tool to fix them:
- Download this TrustPilot.com-rated PC Repair Tool (download starts on this page).
- To detect Windows faults that may be causing PC difficulties, click Start Scan.
- To repair faults with Patented Technologies, click Repair All (Exclusive Discount for our readers).
This month, 0 readers have downloaded Restoro.
Was this page of assistance to you?
Thank you very much!
There are insufficient details It’s difficult to comprehend Other Speak with a Professional
Start a discussion.
The “windows 11 vmware workstation 15” is a problem that has been present for a while. The error can be fixed by following these steps.
Frequently Asked Questions
Does VMware Workstation support Windows 11?
A: It is not possible to install Windows 11 on VMware Workstation, as it does not support UEFI.
How do I fix VMware Workstation error?
A: The issue with your machine is likely a hardware problem. If possible, you can try using the VMware Workstation troubleshooting steps in this article to fix it up.
How do you fix this computer Cannot run Windows 11?
A: The most common solution seems to be downloading a repair disk and then reinstalling Windows.
- vmware workstation windows 11 support
- windows 11 vmware tpm
- does vmware support windows 11
- windows 11 vmware download
- windows 11 vmware esxi