Microsoft has recently updated its app store, the Microsoft Store. This update was supposed to be released on Wednesday but was pushed back due to a bug that caused it not to go live.
When trying to open the Microsoft Store and you encounter an error message stating “The update is pending” this article will help you fix this issue in 3 simple steps.
1: Launch Settings from your home screen 2: Tap Apps & Notifications then tap Update Applications 3: Swipe down next to Windows 10 apps until all settings are shown
The “microsoft store updates stuck on pending” is a problem that has been present for a while. Microsoft has released 9 fixes to fix the issue.
Vladimir has a penchant for all things computer-related, having spent his whole life as an artist and playing professional handball. With a natural curiosity for investigation and analysis, and the realization that… Read more
- Several customers have claimed that after upgrading to Windows 11, they are unable to download a program because the Microsoft Store update is stuck on pending.
- Resetting the Microsoft Store app is one of the most effective solutions to resolve this issue.
- Another method is to see whether you have the most recent Windows 11 update installed.
- You should be able to resolve the issue on your PC by following our chosen list of options.
BY CLICKING ON THE DOWNLOAD FILE, YOU CAN INSTALL XINSTALL.
We propose Restoro PC Repair Tool to address a variety of PC issues: This program will fix common computer faults, protect you against file loss, viruses, and hardware failure, and optimize your PC to run at its best. In three simple actions, you can immediately fix PC problems and eradicate viruses:
- Download the Restoro PC Repair Tool, which includes patent-pending technologies (patent available here).
- To detect Windows faults that may be causing PC difficulties, click Start Scan.
- To correct problems that are hurting your computer’s security and performance, click Repair All.
- This month, 0 readers have downloaded Restoro.
The Microsoft Store is where you can get official programs and games that operate right out of the box for your Windows 11 PC.
If you’re interested, have a look at our list of the top applications for Windows 11 PCs.
However, the Microsoft Store sometimes malfunctions and displays a few errors. Several customers have recently claimed that they are unable to upgrade any Microsoft Store app or game. On their Windows 11 PC, the Microsoft Store update is stalled on pending.
Furthermore, they are unable to stop them, and the download from the Microsoft Store simply does not finish.
If you’re having trouble with the Microsoft Store update stuck on pending problem on your Windows 11 PC and need help, you’ve come to the correct spot.
Because, in this tutorial, we’ll show you some practical techniques for resolving the pending Microsoft Store download issue.
Table of Contents
What may be causing the Microsoft Store update on Windows 11 to be stuck in the pending state?
Before we look at the alternatives for resolving this problem, it’s vital to understand the possible causes of the problem.
To begin with, there isn’t a clear cause for this issue. Several customers have already reported the Microsoft Store download pending or Microsoft Store stuck on pending issue.
Users who have installed Microsoft’s newest operating system, Windows 11, on their freshly updated PCs have been experiencing this issue since it was introduced last year.
The following are some of the causes for this error:
- An unreliable internet connection
- Using a Virtual Proxy Network is a good idea (VPN)
- Cache files that have been corrupted
- Date and time settings that are incorrect
- Storage space is limited.
- The Microsoft Store is out-of-date.
- The most recent Windows OS update has not been deployed.
Now that you know what can be causing this issue, let’s look at some ways for resolving the Microsoft Store stuck on pending issue on Windows 11.
How can I resolve the pending Microsoft Store download problem in Windows 11?
Check your internet connection first.
If your internet connection is down or you’re linked to a malfunctioning network, you’ll experience not just this Microsoft Store error, but also additional problems with your PC.
Furthermore, not only is it unable to access the Microsoft Store, but also to download software from it. As a result, we advise you to verify your internet connection.
You may check your internet speed on websites like Fast or Speedtest if you suspect your network isn’t receiving enough speed as per your package.
You may also change to a different Wi-Fi connection. If you’re using a wired connection, double-check that the cable and modem are properly connected and operational.
2. Disable VPN or establish a manual proxy.
When attempting to access websites that aren’t accessible in your location or are blocked by your government, a VPN (Virtual Proxy Network) is the best option.
Furthermore, a VPN protects your privacy by masking your IP address and connecting it to a proxy server. VPN services, on the other hand, may interfere with Microsoft Store app downloads and installations.
In this scenario, you should shut off the VPN program you’re using. If you have a manual proxy server configured on your Windows 11 computer, you must disable it.
- To access the Settings page, press the Windows + I keys together on your keyboard. From the left side pane, select Network & internet.
- Select the Proxy tab from the list of choices on the right-hand side.
- Click the Set up button next to the Use a proxy server option in the Manual proxy configuration section.
- Finally, disable the Use a proxy server option. Exit after pressing the Save button. That concludes our discussion.
3. Verify that the date and time settings are correct.
- To access the Settings page, press the Windows + I keys together on your keyboard.
- Select Time and Language from the left hand pane. Select Date & Time from the right-side.
- Under Date & time menu, make sure to turn on the Set time automatically and Set your time zone automatically options.
Another option is to use the Sync now button located in the Additional options section. The date and time will be synced with the Windows Time Server as a result of this.
After that, you may check to see whether the Microsoft Store update stuck on pending problem on your Windows 11 PC has been resolved.
4. Clear the Microsoft Store cache
- To access the Settings page, press the Windows + I keys together on your keyboard. Then click on Apps and choose Apps & Features.
- Under the App list search box, look for Microsoft Store. Select Advanced settings from the 3-dot menu icon.
- Click the Reset button at the bottom of the page.
The Microsoft Store app data will now be reset, but all of the programs on your Windows 11 PC will remain intact.
5. Use the Windows troubleshooter to fix the problem.
- Search for Troubleshoot Settings in the Start menu. It should be opened.
- Select Other troubleshooters from the newly opened window.
- Scroll down to Windows Store Apps and click the Run button next to it.
- The troubleshooter will discover Microsoft Store problems and try to resolve them along the way.
6. Delete the program distribution folder from your computer.
On your Windows 11 PC, temporary files are kept in the Software Distribution folder. You may see whether deleting the software distribution folder on your PC solves the Microsoft Store not downloading applications problem.
- Navigate to This PC and open the Local Disk C Drive in File Explorer (C:).
- Open SoftwareDistribution by double-clicking the Windows folder.
- Make a selection of all files and remove them.
7. Perform an SFC scan
SFC Scan, or System File Checker, is another built-in Windows program that scans for missing or damaged system files and patches them in the process.
It’s possible that certain critical Microsoft Store files are missing or damaged. You may use the SFC Scan on your PC to repair this.
- In the Start menu, type Command Prompt. As an administrator, open it.
- Press Enter after typing the following command:
The System File Checker will now do a scan of your system, and if it identifies any missing or damaged files, it will fix them.
Simply reboot your PC when the procedure is completed to determine whether the Microsoft Store stuck on pending problem on your Windows 11 PC has been resolved.
8. Log in to your Microsoft account again.
To utilize this method, you must first log out of the Microsoft Store and then log back in. Microsoft often fails to download crucial data associated with your account owing to missing stages, which might be the cause of this problem.
- So, launch the Microsoft Store app and touch on the profile symbol to rejoin your account. Select the Sign out option from the drop-down menu.
- Open the Microsoft Store again and choose the Sign in option. Fill with your Microsoft account information. Continue to rejoin your account by clicking continue.
9. Make a Microsoft Store update
You must maintain the Microsoft Store up to current, just like you must keep all of your other programs up to date.
Microsoft doesn’t provide store updates very often, but when it does, it addresses problems like Microsoft Store being stuck on pending on Windows 11.
To fix this, go to the Library section of the Microsoft Store app. If a new update for the Microsoft Store is ready, it will be featured here with other programs.
Install the most recent Windows 11 update.
Whether none of the previous alternatives work, we recommend that you check if a new update for your Windows 11 computer is available as a last resort.
- To access the Windows Settings page, press the Windows + I keys on your keyboard together. On the right-hand pane, choose Windows Update.
- Now, go ahead and click the Check for Updates option.
What are some other prevalent Microsoft Store difficulties and how do you fix them?
Users of Windows 11 aren’t the only ones who are having trouble downloading from the Microsoft Store. For a long time, customers have been plagued by a slew of other frequent issues.
The Microsoft Store on their Windows 11 PC continues crashing for certain customers. If you are one of the customers who is having this issue, please visit our dedicated tutorial on how to cure Microsoft Store keeps crashing on Windows 11 for more information.
When installing or upgrading a program, some customers have claimed that the Microsoft Store prompts them to get a license. When the notification appears, the operation is halted, and users are unable to update their applications or games.
If you’re having trouble with this, check out our tutorial on how to repair Microsoft Store Acquiring License Errors. You may be able to resolve another frequent Microsoft Store issue by following this approach.
Let us know which of the above-mentioned options helped you fix the Microsoft Store stuck on pending problem on Windows 11 in the comments below.
Was this page of assistance to you?
Thank you very much!
There are insufficient details It’s difficult to comprehend Other Speak with a Professional
Start a discussion.
The “microsoft store stuck on installing” is a problem that many people have been having. Microsoft has released an article explaining how to fix the issue.
Frequently Asked Questions
How do I fix a stuck Microsoft Store update?
A: Microsoft Store updates are available from the Update tab in your settings.
Why is my update stuck on pending install?
A: The update is pending install because the game or DLC has not finished downloading yet and youre connected to an internet connection.
How do I fix pending Windows updates?
A: Update your Windows update on the PC and try doing a reboot. If this still doesnt work, you could also try reinstalling windows.
- microsoft store update stuck xbox series x
- microsoft store stuck on pending reddit
- microsoft store download pending windows 11
- microsoft store updates stuck on downloading
- microsoft store download pending windows 10