The Chromebook is the perfect laptop for getting work done, but it can’t run Steam games. So what’s a gamer to do? The answer involves downloading and sideloading an app called Crouton that brings Windows 10 into the Chrome OS environment. And you don’t even need to download anything else!
The “how to install steam on chromebook without linux” is a guide that will help you get started with this process. This article will also include the “Must Have” text.
Steam is a popular cloud-based digital distribution platform for video games. Popular games such as Star Dynasties, Far Cry, Grand Theft Auto, Inquisitor, Stardew Valley, Terraria, Rocket League, Valheim, Destiny 2, Hades, Cyberpunk 2077, Monster Hunter: World, Apex Legends, and others may be played via this service. You’ve come to the correct spot if you want to install Steam on your Chromebook. It walks you through all of the options for installing and downloading Steam swiftly.
Users may play video games that they have downloaded to their Stream account on any device, even a Chromebook, using Stream. You may keep a large number of video games on your machine using this independent platform without using up too much system RAM. You’ll get access to the whole library of games and forums after you install this app on your Chromebook. Without further ado, let’s take a look at all of the options for getting Steam on a Chromebook.
Table of Contents
- 1 How can I get Steam on my Chromebook?
- 2 Coming to a close
How can I get Steam on my Chromebook?
Steam for Chromebook may be downloaded in a few different methods.
Method 1: Using Linux, install Steam on a Chromebook
The methods below will show you how to install Linux on your Chromebook, as well as how to download Steam on Linux.
1. Go to your Chromebook’s Settings menu.
2. In the Settings menu, scroll down and choose Linux Beta, then Turn On.
3. In the new pop-up window, click the Install option.
4. It is possible that the installation procedure may take some time. Go to the Linux terminal after the installation is complete.
5. Type sudo dpkg –add-architecture i386 and press the Enter key.
6. Type sudo apt update once again and press the Enter key.
7. Finally, in the Linux terminal, type sudo apt install steam and click Y to download and install Steam.
8. To complete the Steam installation procedure, agree to the conditions and click OK.
9. Once the installation is complete, run the Steam application by typing steam in the Linux terminal.
10. Use your account credentials to log in now.
That is all there is to it. The installation of Steam for Chromebooks is now complete.
Related: [Using Crouton] How to Install Linux on a Chromebook in 2021
Method 2: Use Linux to install Steam on your Chromebook [Alternative Method]
1. Follow the instructions in method 1 to install Linux Terminal on your Chromebook.
2. For faster and smoother gaming, enable GPU acceleration for Linux.
3. Run the command listed below.
sudo apt-get upgrade -y && sudo apt-get update && sudo apt-get upgrade -y
4. To get the Steam setup DEB file, go to this link. Also, in the Files app, drag that file to the “Linux” area.
5. To begin the Steam installation process on your Chromebook, double-click the DEB file and then choose Install.
6. When the installation is complete, use the keyboard’s Search key to look for and start the Steam program.
7. Alternatively, go to Program Drawer and look for the Steam app in the Linux folder directly. Normally, you’d put the Linux folder on the App Drawer’s final page.
Method 3: Use the Steam Link Android app to install Steam on your Chromebook.
1. Navigate to the Google Play Store area of your Chromebook’s settings menu.
2. Select “Install applications and games from Google Play on Chromebook” from the drop-down menu.
3. Go to the Google Play Store’s Steam link page by clicking here.
4. Select Install from the drop-down menu.
Related: [Step-by-Step Guide] How to Change Password on Chromebook
Finally, open the Steam software and connect your Chromebook to the host machine by following the onscreen instructions.
Coming to a close
These are all the many ways to get Steam. We hope that this post has made it simple for you to install Steam on your Chromebook. You can play all of the top video games on your Chromebook with this software, and you won’t have to worry about running out of storage space. If you still have any questions about the Steam app (or) are having problems installing it, please let us know in the comments area below. We’ll assist you in resolving the issue.
The “how to unblock steam on school chromebook” is a question that many people have asked. There are 3 easy methods for downloading Steam on your Chromebook.
Frequently Asked Questions
Is there a way to download Steam on a Chromebook?
How do I install Steam on a Chromebook 2021?
A: To install Steam on a Chromebook, you need to download the installation file from https://www.steampowered.com/download/, then open it with your browser – this should start the installer which you will follow through until completion
How do I trick my Chromebook?
A: There are many ways to trick your Chromebook. One way is by using a program called acorn, another one is by putting the computer in sleep mode for ten minutes and then waking it up again.
- how to install steam on chromebook 2021
- how to install steam on chromebook linux (beta)
- linux on chromebook
- how to install steam on linux
- steam on chromebook reddit