Group Policy Editor can help you customize your Windows 10 experience in ways that weren’t possible before. Here’s how to download and install it on Home Edition.
The “free download” is a command-line tool that allows users to install the Group Policy Editor on Home Edition. The Group Policy Editor is an advanced tool that can be used to edit the Local Group Policy on Windows computers.
Ivan Jenic’s contribution
Expert in Troubleshooting
Ivan has dived deep into knowing this operating system, with a specialize in drivers and driver problems, thanks to his passion for all things Windows and his natural curiosity. When he isn’t tackling, he is… Continue reading
9th of March, 2022
Originally published in March of 2021.
- Installing Group Policy Editor on Windows 10 Home will allow you to modify your system more easily.
- Because Windows 10 Home can’t join an Active Directory domain, the Group Policy Editor isn’t included.
- Downloading and configuring the Group Policy Management Console as explained in our instructions below is one way to activate it.
- Using the third-party software we mentioned in our solution is another option for editing the Group Policy.
BY CLICKING ON THE DOWNLOAD FILE, YOU CAN INSTALL XINSTALL.
We propose Restoro PC Repair Tool to address a variety of PC issues: This program will fix common computer faults, protect you against file loss, viruses, and hardware failure, and optimize your PC to run at its best. In three simple actions, you can immediately fix PC problems and eradicate viruses:
- Download the Restoro PC Repair Tool, which includes patent-pending technologies (patent available here).
- To detect Windows faults that may be causing PC difficulties, click Start Scan.
- To correct problems that are hurting your computer’s security and performance, click Repair All.
- This month, 0 readers have downloaded Restoro.
For Windows operating systems, the Group Policy Editor is a very useful tool. It can be used to solve a wide range of issues, but it is not pre-installed on all versions of Windows.
This utility is only available in the Windows Pro, Enterprise, and Ultimate versions; it is not included in the Home edition. That was true in prior versions of Windows, and it continues to be true in Windows 10.
Some programmers and Windows aficionados discovered a technique to get the Group Policy Editor to work on all versions of Windows.
Windows7forum member davehc made his own Group Policy Editor installation (which was shared on DeviantArt by user @jwills876).
We can also teach you how to install the Group Policy Management Console on any version of Windows, including Windows 10 Home, thanks to these people.
Table of Contents
- 1 How can I get Group Policy Editor installed on Windows 10 Home?
- 1.1 1. Get the enabler for Group Policy Editor.
- 1.2 2. Install the Group Policy Editor with DISM.
- 1.3 3. What is the procedure for launching the Group Policy Editor?
- 1.4 4. Edit group policies using third-party applications.
- 1.5 Frequently Asked Questions
Is Group Policy Editor available for download?
Because this is a key Windows function, there are many methods to install Group Policy Management Console. Unfortunately, downloading is not one of them.
This functionality can be installed on all versions of Windows, and we published a tutorial on how to install Group Policy Management Console on Windows 11, which you should read.
If you wish to activate gpedit.exe on Windows 11, the procedure is rather straightforward and comparable to that in Windows 10, so you’ll be able to do so in a matter of minutes.
How can I get Group Policy Editor installed on Windows 10 Home?
1. Get the enabler for Group Policy Editor.
- From jwills876’s DeviantArt website, download the installer.
- Before you launch a downloader, you’ll need to transfer the GroupPolicy and GroupPolicyUsers files, as well as the gpedit.msc file, to the following location: C:WindowsSysWOW64
- Copy these and paste them into the following folder: C:WindowsSystem32
- Now run the installer and follow the instructions, but don’t click the Finish button at the end.
- Now, go to the following directory: C:WindowsTempgpedit
- Right-click on x86.bat (or x32.bat if you’re using a 32-bit version of Windows Home), choose Open With, and pick Notepad (if you don’t like Notepad and want some other options, see this list of the top note-taking software).
- There are a total of 6 code lines in the document that contain the following string: percent username%:f
- Replace every percent username percent:f with ” percent username percent:”f (for example, icacls percent WinDir percent SysWOW64gpedit.dll /grant:r percent username percent:f)
- Now all you have to do is save the file and execute it as an administrator.
If nothing occurs when you select Run as administrator, follow the steps in this helpful tutorial to resolve the problem.
Also, if copy-paste isn’t functioning and you can’t move the directories stated above, use this technique to rapidly resolve the issue.
After that, you should be able to launch Group Policy Editor on your Windows 10 Home computer. It’s also worth noting that although this solution was designed for Windows 7, it also works on Windows 10.
We should also point you that this is not a Microsoft-approved repair, so proceed with caution.
2. Install the Group Policy Editor with DISM.
- Under percent SystemRoot percent servicingPackages, you’ll find the packages for the Group Policy Editor.
- The Group Policy Editor is represented by two files:
- Microsoft-Windows-GroupPolicy-ClientExtensions-Package*.mum, and Microsoft-Windows-GroupPolicy-ClientExtensions-Package*.mum
- To open Command Prompt, type cmd into the Search box and choose Run as administrator.
- To execute the command, paste it into the command prompt and hit Enter: “percent SystemRoot percent servicingPackagesPackageFileName” dism /online /norestart /add-package:”
If you can’t locate the Group Policy Editor in Windows 10, it’s possible that it’s deactivated. To enable it, follow the instructions above.
More information about this subject may be found here.
3. What is the procedure for launching the Group Policy Editor?
- Start the Run terminal by pressing the Windows key + R.
- Click OK or press Enter after typing gpedit.msc.
- Now the Group Policy Editor should open and you should be able to make changes to the policies.
However, since Windows 10 Home cannot join an Active Directory domain, we must indicate that policy editing only works locally. This is most likely the reason why the editor was not included.
4. Edit group policies using third-party applications.
- Github is where you can get Policy Plus.
- Because it is a portable program, there is no need to install anything.
- Policy Plus will begin right now.
As you can see, the Policy Plus program offers another means to update group policy on any Windows machine, even the Home edition.
It’s very identical to the Group Policy Editor, except it now has a search function to assist you locate specific rules.
Do you understand how to change the Group Policy? This post will teach you how to accomplish that.
If you’re having trouble understanding this post, we also have a great instruction on how to activate gpedit.msc on Windows 10 Home.
If you come across any more Group Policy problems that we didn’t address, please let us know in the comments section below. Please provide additional information about these problems, and we’ll do our best to find a solution as quickly as possible.
Was this page of assistance to you? 594
Thank you very much!
There are insufficient details It’s difficult to comprehend Other Speak with a Professional
There are 4 responses to this post.
The “download games” is a command-line tool that allows users to download and install Group Policy Editor on Home Edition. This software is used for editing the registry of your operating system.
Frequently Asked Questions
How do I find my downloads?
A: To find your downloads, go to the Beat Saber PS4 menu in settings.
How do I open a download file?
A: To open a downloaded file, click on it. It will ask you if you want to extract the files or not. If so, select yes and then wait for your download to finish extracting before opening it up in whatever program that needs this type of file inputted into it.
Where do I download Windows 10 apps?
A: It is recommended that you download your apps from Microsofts app store.
- download app
- download music
- my downloads
- download movies
- download whatsapp