Windows is the most popular operating system, and with its latest release (Windows 11) Microsoft has made it even more accessible. This article will explore five ways you can streamline your Windows 10 experience by learning how to customize various settings in the OS that make a big difference when using certain software or hardware. Along with tips on saving battery life while maximizing performance and getting back to basics, this list of best practices is sure to help anyone who uses their computer for work or play.
The “best optional features windows 11” is a list of 5+ tips and tricks that can help users streamline their Windows experience. The article also includes information on the best optional features windows 11.
authored by Matthew Adams
Expert in Windows and Software
Matthew is a freelance writer who has written a number of articles on different technology-related themes. His major interest is the Windows operating system and all that surrounds it. He is enthralled by… Read more
- This tutorial covers some of the most useful Windows 11 tips and techniques for Microsoft’s new desktop platform.
- With some of the new options in Windows 11, you may configure the touch keyboard in a variety of ways.
- You may revert to the previous tabbed Explorer if you don’t like the new File Explorer style on the newest platform.
- Snap Layouts is a useful new feature in Windows 11 that allows you to organize open programs on the desktop in a nice manner.
BY CLICKING ON THE DOWNLOAD FILE, YOU CAN INSTALL XINSTALL.
We propose Restoro PC Repair Tool to address a variety of PC issues: This program will fix common computer faults, protect you against file loss, viruses, and hardware failure, and optimize your PC to run at its best. In three simple actions, you can immediately fix PC problems and eradicate viruses:
- Download the Restoro PC Repair Tool, which includes patent-pending technologies (patent available here).
- To detect Windows faults that may be causing PC difficulties, click Start Scan.
- To correct problems that are hurting your computer’s security and performance, click Repair All.
- This month, 0 readers have downloaded Restoro.
Windows 11 is currently available. Since October 2021, millions of customers have welcomed Microsoft’s next desktop OS. Now that we’ve gotten a better understanding of Windows 11, it’s time to explore all of the new features this platform has to offer.
It’s arguable if Windows 11 is a completely new desktop operating system below the hood. It’s a more subtle change than Windows 10, which was a huge jump ahead from Windows 8.
Some users may see it as a rebranded Windows 10, but that isn’t always a negative thing.
After the failure of its predecessor, Windows 10, was a much-welcomed addition to the Windows OS family. Why repair Microsoft’s prior desktop platform if it wasn’t broken?
The current platform offers similar performance to its predecessor, but with a fresh UI design and several interesting new capabilities.
Table of Contents
What’s different about Windows 11?
When you first unwrap a newly launched platform, discovering its new features is always the most exciting part.
In this regard, Windows 11 is no exception. The centered taskbar icons in Windows 11 are a striking difference from its predecessors, and are likely to be the first thing most users notice.
The revamped Start menu is the second thing that users will notice. Windows 10’s tile shortcuts are no longer available. With the pinned app and suggested file sections on it, it’s a totally different Start menu.
That menu also has a search box, just as it had in Windows 7.
In addition, the widgets panel is possibly the most significant new feature in Windows 11. Users may alter and add to the eight widgets available in that panel. It’s similar to Vista’s gadget sidebar, but with fewer features.
File Explorer in Windows 11 is also changed, as most users would notice. It’s a brand-new file manager with a command bar that takes the place of the previous ribbon tab interface. In the newest platform, File Explorer features a new icon set and a revised context menu.
In Windows 11, the Action Center has also experienced considerable improvements. Separate settings and alerts panels are available in the new Action Center. By pressing a new Quick Settings button on the system tray, users may access its choices.
Those are perhaps the most noticeable additions to Windows 11. However, the big M’s newest desktop OS has a lot more to offer.
Here are some useful Windows 11 tips and techniques to test out with the new operating system.
What are the finest Windows 11 tips and tricks?
1. Adjust the taskbar’s size.
- To access the search box, first click the Windows key + S hotkey.
- In the search text box, type Registry Editor.
- Then, in the search utility, type Registry Editor to open it.
- Go to the following registry key: HKEY CURRENT USERSoftwareMicrosoftWindowsCurrentVersionExplorerAdvanced
- Select New from the context menu when you right-click the Advanced key.
- Then choose DWORD (32-bit) Value from the drop-down menu.
- For the name of the new DWORD, type TaskbarSi.
- To open the window seen in the picture below, double-click TaskbarSi.
- Then, in the Value data box, type 0 or 2. Enter 2 to make the taskbar bigger, or 0 to make it smaller.
- To leave the Edit DWORD window, click OK.
- Close the Registry Editor after that.
- Select the Power option by pressing the Start button.
- Then press the Restart button. Following that, depending on the value you specified, Windows 11 will have a bigger or smaller taskbar.
Enter 1 in TaskbarSi’s Edit DWORD window to restore the original medium taskbar. Alternatively, you may delete TaskbarSi by right-clicking it and selecting Delete.
2. Experiment with some of the new keyboard shortcuts.
For certain of Windows 11’s features, a new set of keyboard shortcuts has been included. The widgets panel, Notification Center, Quick Settings, Teams Chats, and Snap Layouts may all be accessed by pressing certain hotkeys. To access these features, use the following hotkeys:
- Widgets panel (Windows key + W)
- Notifications Center (Windows key + N)
- Quick Settings (Windows key + A)
- Teams Chat (Windows key + C)
- Snap Layouts (Windows key + Z)
- Shift + F10: Context menus from the past (items need to be selected)
3. Go back to the old File Explorer.
- Open the Registry Editor as described in the first tip’s steps one through three.
- Then, in the registry, open the following key: HKEY LOCAL MACHINESOFTWAREMicrosoftWindowsCurrentVersionShell Extensions HKEY LOCAL MACHINESOFTWAREMicrosoftWindowsCurrentVersionShell Extensions
- Select New by right-clicking the Shell Extensions key on the left side of the Registry Editor.
- Choose the choice for Key.
- For the name of the new registry key, input is blocked.
- Right-click the Blocked key you just created and choose New > String Value from the context menu.
- The string value’s name is e2bf9676-5f8f-435c-97eb-11607a5bedf7.
- After that, close the Registry Editor.
- Select the Power > Restart Start menu item to restart your computer.
In the new platform, this registry editing restores the tabbed File Explorer from Windows 10. By hitting the F11 hotkey, you may temporarily disable the command bar in File Explorer.
4. Arrange the open program windows in a logical manner.
Snap Layouts is a new feature in Windows 11 that helps users better arrange their windows. Simply hover your mouse over the Maximize button at the upper right of a window to enable Snap Layouts.
Then, just below, you’ll notice the Snap Layout choices.
Then you have four window layout choices to select from. You may elegantly arrange many program windows on the desktop side-by-side without their overlapping with those selections.
Snap Layouts also organizes the taskbar’s windows. When you’ve used that function to organize a few windows, you’ll get a Group thumbnail sample of the arrangement on the taskbar.
When you choose that thumbnail preview, it will open all of the grouped windows in the order you’ve set them up.
5. Go to the Command Terminal to see what’s going on.
- The Command Terminal is a new command-line program in Windows 11 that you may use. To open it quickly, right-click the desktop and pick Open in Windows Terminal from the context menu.
- You may open numerous tabs once Command Terminal is open. To do so, go to the bottom of the page and click the + Open a new tab button.
- To change a tab’s command-line shell, hit the little arrow button and pick one from the menu.
- The Settings menu item allows you to further customize the Command Terminal.
- You may choose an alternate default command shell from the Default profile drop-down option in the Settings tab that appears.
- Color schemes, located on the left side of the Settings page, may be used to change the app’s appearance. Select a new color scheme from the drop-down menu and then Save.
6. Create virtual desktops with a variety of backdrops.
- In Windows 11, you may use a new Choose background option to change backgrounds for alternative virtual desktops. Hover your mouse over the taskbar button just below to add various backgrounds to them.
- To create a new desktop, choose + New Desktop from the drop-down menu.
- Select the Choose background option from the new desktop’s right-click menu.
- In the Personalization pane that appears, choose a new desktop backdrop.
- Then, as demonstrated in the screenshot below, you’ll have two virtual desktops with distinct backgrounds.
7. Drag the icons on the taskbar to the left.
- On the taskbar, click Start, and then pick Settings from the drop-down menu.
- On the Personalization tab, choose the Taskbar navigation option.
- To expand the options for Taskbar behaviors, double-click it.
- On the Taskbar alignment drop-down option, choose Left. Icons on your taskbar will now be positioned to the left.
8. Choose a touch keyboard theme that includes additional customization options.
- To open Settings, use the Windows key + I hotkey.
- Select the Personalization option from the drop-down menu.
- On the Personalization tab, double-click Touch keyboard.
- Choose a new color theme for your touch keyboard.
- Alternately, click the Edit button next to the Customized theme radio option. Then you may create a custom touch keyboard theme with your favorite colors.
- When you’ve finished customizing your touch keyboard theme, click the Save button.
Right-click the taskbar and choose Taskbar options to activate the touch keyboard. To enable it, choose the Touch keyboard option from the drop-down menu. Then, in the system tray, click the Touch keyboard icon. To use the touch keyboard, you’ll also need a touchscreen computer.
Is it possible to locate additional hints in Windows 11?
The Tips app in Windows 11 is accessible via the widgets panel. Select Widgets from the taskbar. On the panel, click the Add widgets button and pick Tips from the drop-down menu.
Then, under the Tips widget, you may read additional Windows 11 suggestions. You may also access the app by clicking the Tips link at the top of the widget. You may browse through 18 Windows 11 tip subjects in that app.
Although Windows 11 isn’t drastically different from its predecessor, there are plenty of new features to explore in the new desktop OS. As a result, it’s worthwhile to update to Windows 11, especially since it’s presently a free upgrade.
Microsoft is now distributing the new platform to Windows 10 PCs that match the platform’s criteria. Users who haven’t yet installed Windows 11 may do so by going to the Windows Update option in Settings. Users who can upgrade to Windows 11 will see a Download and Install option on that page.
With the Windows 11 tips and tricks listed above, you may explore the platform’s new features and modify it. Our Windows 11 vs. Windows 10 comparison also covers the new features in Microsoft’s newest desktop OS, as well as how to update.
Was this page of assistance to you?
Thank you very much!
There are insufficient details It’s difficult to comprehend Other Speak with a Professional
Start a discussion.
Watch This Video-
Windows 11 is the newest operating system from Microsoft. It has a lot of new features that can help streamline your OS. Here are 5+ best Windows 11 tips and tricks to help you get started with your new OS. Reference: windows 11 new features.
Frequently Asked Questions
How do I get the most out of Windows 11?
A: The best way to get the most out of Windows 11 is by taking a deep dive and understanding what it can do. That said, here are some of the things you should know about Windows 11. It has almost unlimited potential for customization under its diverse system settings menu which allows users to tinker with their operating systems appearance, performance, and more.
What should I do first in Windows 11?
A: First, you should update your PC. If it is a new computer, make sure that all the drivers are installed and updated to their latest versions before installing anything else. You probably want to install some antivirus software too!
Will there be a Windows 11?
A: Possibly! There is nothing to say that it will happen, but there are rumors of this happening.
- windows 11 hacks
- windows 11 download
- windows 11 secret features
- windows 11 customization
- windows 11 system requirements