The female symbol used for the letter “f” is called a ferula, which looks like an ornate hat with ribbons. It’s typically drawn above or below other letters and marks. To type it in Microsoft Word, click apostrophes to show your keyboard layout and place your right hand on F-key row 3., On Windows computers you can find the key under number 5 while on Macs look under FN + 6.
The “female symbol microsoft word” is a character that can be typed on the keyboard. It is used to represent the female symbol and it can also be found in Microsoft Word, Windows, and Mac.
This article will go through how to get the Female sign in Microsoft Word, Windows, and Mac, as well as how to use keyboard shortcuts.
You may grab this symbol by copying and pasting it from the button below before we start.
Table of Contents
Shortcut for the Female Symbol (Windows)
The Female Symbol’s Alt Code shortcut is Alt + 12. To type using this approach, press and hold one of your keyboard’s Alt keys while entering the Alt code on the numeric keypad, then release the Alt key.
This solution needs a separate numeric keypad with Num Lock activated on your keyboard. It is also only compatible with Windows.
Alt codes are used in Windows to enter symbols or characters that aren’t found on the keyboard.
When attempting to write special characters, this strategy is highly useful since it saves a large amount of time.
The full procedures to enter this symbol on Windows using the Alt Code keyboard shortcut are as follows:
- Open the document where you’ll be typing the symbol.
- The cursor should be placed where you want it to be.
- One of your Alt Keys should be pressed and held.
- Use the number keypad on the right to input the Female Alt code while holding down the Alt key (12)
- After inputting the code, release the alt key.
The Female sign will emerge as soon as you release the Alt key.
Associated: Male Symbol Typing
In order for the Female Alt Code to operate, the following requirements must be fulfilled.
- You must hold down the Alt key before inputting the code.
- You must use the numeric keypad on the right side of the keyboard to input the alt code.
- Because you’re utilizing a 10-key numeric keypad, you’ll need to activate NumLock. The number keys become disabled when NumLock is turned off, and you won’t be able to input any numbers.
- If your laptop doesn’t have a numeric keypad, you’ll have to first enable the hidden numeric keypad. On most computers, you can switch it on by simultaneously hitting the Fn + NmLk buttons. Not every laptop has a concealed numeric keypad. You won’t be able to input symbols using the alt code approach unless you attach an external keyboard with a numeric keypad or use the on-screen keyboard if it doesn’t appear in yours. You may still utilize the other ways mentioned in this tutorial.
- You should also be aware that not all symbols can be entered with the alt code, depending on the text editor you’re using. Some of the alt codes are only recognized by Microsoft Word.
Shortcut for Female Symbol (Mac)
On a Mac, you may use the Character Viewer to get the Female symbol.
On a Mac, the Character Viewer allows you to insert special characters and symbols into text, such as arithmetic symbols, Latin letters, and pictographs.
To put this () or any other symbol on a Mac, follow the instructions below.
- Place your cursor on the text area where the symbol will be inserted.
- Press Control + Command + Space bar to bring up the Character Viewer. Alternatively, choose Edit > Emoji & Symbols.
- In the top search area, type “Female” and hit Enter.
- The insignia should be visible. To incorporate it into your text, just click on it.
These are the procedures for using the Character Viewer on Mac to insert this and any other symbol.
Female Sign Keyboard Shortcut (MS Word)
2640, Alt + X, is the MS Word shortcut for typing the Female sign.
While the Alt code and Mac shortcuts listed above may be used to input this symbol in any application, including Microsoft Word, this shortcut is only available in Word.
To utilize this shortcut, open your Microsoft Word document, place the insertion cursor where you wish to enter the Female symbol, and then just follow the steps below:
- Simply put 2640 into the search box.
- Then hit Alt + X at the same time.
- If it still doesn’t work, highlight the code and hit the Alt and X keys at the same time.
The symbol shows in place of the Unicode when you press Alt + X after entering it.
Using the Office Symbol Library, insert the Female Symbol.
If utilizing the keyboard isn’t your thing, you can also acquire the Female sign in Office products like Microsoft Word, Excel, or PowerPoint by using the mouse.
We’ll use screenshots from Microsoft Word to demonstrate the processes. In Excel and PowerPoint, though, you may apply the same way.
Here are the measures to take without further ado:
- Open Microsoft Word, Excel, or PowerPoint.
- Place your cursor where you want it.
- Select the Insert tab from the drop-down menu.
- Select More Symbols from the drop-down menu after clicking the Symbols button in the Symbols group.
After that, the Symbol window will display. It has a billion symbols, one of which is the Female sign.
- In the symbol library, look for the Female symbol.
Use the Subset dropdown option to view various sorts of symbols to quickly discover this symbol. The Female symbol may be found in the Miscellaneous Symbols category of the Segoe UI Symbol font’s Subset list.
However, typing Unicode 2640 in the Character code text field is the quickest method to acquire this symbol. The Female sign will be filtered out and picked after you input the Unicode.
- Simply double-click it to put it into your document. Alternatively, you may use the Insert key.
- The Dialog is now closed.
If you carefully follow the procedures above, you may enter the Female sign or any other symbol or character not seen on the keyboard into Word.
Female Symbol (Copy and Paste)
This is by far the most straightforward method of obtaining any symbol, including the Female symbol.
Simply copy the symbol someplace, such as a web page, and then move to the document where you need it and hit Ctrl + V.
You may copy the symbol by clicking on it below.
The instructions below will teach you how to copy this symbol from the Character Map if you have a Windows PC.
- Search for the Character Map app and open it.
- Select the Advance View checkbox beside the button to see additional Character map possibilities.
- A search box may be found in the Advanced view. Enter the word “female” into the box.
- In the search results, the symbol will display.
- Simply pick it in the Characters to copy text box with a double click and then press the Copy button.
It might be tough to get symbols that do not have keys on the keyboard.
It should no longer be a challenging job with the help of the techniques and directions given here.
Thank you for taking the time to read through our information.
The “how to type male symbol” is a keyboard shortcut that can be used on Windows, Mac, and Linux. It will allow you to type the letter “M” with your left hand while typing “F” with your right hand.
Frequently Asked Questions
How do you type the female symbol in Word?
A: On a standard keyboard, the symbol is typed by pressing Shift and 2 keys – either Shift-2 or Alt-5.
How do you make a female sign on a keyboard?
A: On a standard keyboard, the letters Q and Z are in different places. This key is called the dead spot.
How do you make a female symbol on a laptop?
A: The best way to make a female symbol on your laptop is using the Alt key and pressing the Shift-4 button at once.
- human symbol in word
- female symbol text
- how to type female symbol on mac
- how to type gender symbols on iphone
- how to type male symbol on mac